Special cares and measures taken - 1/4: Hearing Protection

Photobucket

Parallel with the treatments performed to reduce my hyperacusis and tinnitus, it was taken several measures to protect my ears and to attenuate the noise at home. Following I explain them in detail.

Use of hearing protection:

- I continued using foam earplugs, but avoiding the mistakes made before about fitting and use. I bought also earmuffs which I used alone or in combination with the earplugs when the noise coming from outside my home was so strong.

These earmuffs were especially useful to attenuate or cancel high frequency sounds.

I also used the earplugs and earmuffs to do some specific things at home that were noisy: turning on the microwave, manipulating the rubbish plastic bags, using the washing machine, taking a bath, washing my hair, washing the dishes, opening some cans, etc.

Comments

Popular Posts