Special cares and measures taken - 2/4: Change of Habits

Photobucket

Change of habits:

Due to my severe hyperacusis I had to change many of my habits in daily life:

- I began doing all my activities slowly and in a quieter way, in order to avoid unnecessary noises.

- In the morning, when I woke up I paid special attention to noise, because my ears were more sensitive.

- To take a bath I stopped using the shower. Instead I began using a bucket and a sponge to avoid the noise produced by the running bath water. I did the same to wash my hair. In both situations, I always worn earplugs.

- To flush the toilet I used my knee, while holding my fingers in my ears, even if I was worn earplugs because the noise was too loud.

- I tried to sleep face up at night and stopped using the pillow because turning my head on it made a loud noise on my ears.

- When I had to cut or dispose papers and plastic materials, I folded them or made use of scissors, instead of crushing or cutting them with the hands.

- To communicate with people I began to use writing instead of speaking, because the sound of my own voice were extremely bothersome. I asked my family and friends to do the same when they wanted to talk with me, since their voices were also a problem for me.

Comments

Popular Posts